Programming at #ACPA17
The #ACPA17 curriculum, centered around the foundational values of ACPA – College Educators International and the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies. At ACPA17, you can anticipate the following as a part of the curriculum:
- A wide variety of program categories, including new types such as Competency Sessions and Spotlight Sessions, as well as old favorites such as Genius Labs, Pecha Kucha Powered by ACPA, and of course, General Programs, Sponsored and Co-Sponsored Programs, Research Paper Sessions, and Extended Sessions.
- Opportunities to pursue not only research posters, but also the new practice posters, which will highlight exceptionally strong programs, initiatives, and events across the world.
- Powerful and diverse Pre-Convention Workshops scheduled for the 48 hours prior to the official Convention Kickoff.
- An incredible set of major speakers, who will challenge convention attendees to think critically about the evolving landscape in higher education and our world
- Dedicated space to investigate your own professional career development and advancement within the Career Central Curriculum, which will highlight career-specific programming opportunities throughout convention.
For questions about 2017 Convention programs, please contact Program Chair Ray Plaza.
Central to the substance and structure of the ACPA17 Annual Convention program are the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies. As such, the competencies are used in the program proposal, evaluation, and selection processes. ACPA members who are developing sessions and preparing proposals are urged to become familiar with the ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies to ensure that their sessions substantially address and incorporate one or more of them in their program proposals. Click here to read more about the professional competencies. They are:
- Advising and Supporting
- Assessment, Evaluation, and Research
- Law, Policy, and Governance
- Organizational and Human Resources
- Personal and Ethical Foundations
- Social Justice and Inclusion
- Student Learning and Development
- Values, Philosophy and History
ACPA Equity and Inclusion Statement
ACPA-College Student Educators International actively promotes and recognizes principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across intersections of, race, age, color, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership. By appreciating the importance of inclusion, we acknowledge that the collective and individual talents, skills, and perspectives of members, constituent groups, and partners foster a culture of belonging , collaborative practice, innovation, and mutual respect, ACPA seeks to empower and engage professionals, scholars, and partners in actions that productively contribute to accomplishing the goals of our association.