By attending the 2017 Student Leader Global Summit student leaders will gain a broader understanding of leadership and higher/tertiary education around the world. Through connecting with other student leaders in different parts of the world students will:
- Personalize the process of leadership
- Develop leadership skills for a global community
- Appreciate the differences and challenges across tertiary education on a global scale
- Gain collaborative enhancement skills for building collaboration and teams
- Develop a common understanding and objectives of leadership
- Further develop practical skills and competencies to be an effective leader
- Engage in productive conversations for improving the greater social good on the global level
- Examine personal interests and goals
- Value the process of reflection
- Connect leadership to potential career and future engagement activities
- Increase network of equally well-intentioned individuals across nations
“Explore, Engage and Evolve” brings a thematic framework to two days of interactive and engaging leadership training. Facilitated by four full time professional speakers from the Lead365 National Conference faculty, each of the four sessions promises to provide topical instruction, opportunities for enhanced understanding and practical competency building exercises.
Want Help Finding a Roommate for the Global Summit?
Students accepted for the Student Leader Global Summit can register for the Summit and the ACPA Convention at no charge. Applications will be accepted until 10 December, 2016. Students are responsible for travel costs. Financial assistance is available for food during the summit and the Columbus College of Art & Design is offering rooms at a reduced rate. Some scholarships for travel and lodging may be available.